Brownson Norby has substantial experience representing individuals and companies who are defendants in professional liability litigation in state courts, federal courts before regularity authorities. The firm has an active practice counseling insurance agents and brokers in corporate transactions, licensing and regulatory matters.
At Brownson Norby, our approach in defending professionals is unique and intellectual:
- Defending professionals is dynamic because our client is sophisticated and often highly involved in the litigation process;
- Defending professionals frequently involves complex and nuanced questions regarding duty and standard of care; and
- There is usually a “case within a case” when defending professionals, which adds to the complexity of each case..
Brownson Norby has represented the following types of professionals:
- Insurance agents
- Insurance brokers
- Risk managers
- ERISA pension plan actuaries and administrators
- Real estate agents and brokers
- Surety bond administrators
Our professional liability experience is wide-ranging and deep and constitutes part of our litigation experience throughout Minnesota.
Our attorneys have handled, among other cases, the following
- Kristi Brownson is North Dakota Portfolio Network Counsel for a group of commercial property and casualty insurers that, among other things, provide coverage to insurance agents and brokers in North Dakota litigation.
- Robert Brownson has successfully defended professional liability cases involving title insurance agents, surety bond disbursing agents, ERISA pension plan actuaries and administrators, and life insurance agents.
- The firm is Minnesota Portfolio Network Counsel for a group of commercial property and casualty insurers that, among other things, provides coverage to veterinarians.
- Aaron Simon is Minnesota panel counsel for a large insurance company that specializes in insuring insurance agents. Aaron is also a frequent writer and lecturer for the Minnesota Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers Association (MIIAB).