With the fresh perspective of a millennial and the critical thinking of a sharp, prepared mind, Olivia creatively and efficiently helps clients advance and achieve their goals. She thrives at the intersection of strategy and the law, where she can turn complex issues into understandable, persuasive arguments for the firm’s clients.
Vigilant about the details, she remains mindful of the big picture, acutely aware that everything is connected and that seemingly insignificant facts can become key in a case. Highly intuitive, Olivia effectively reads people and situations, enabling her to critically think about cases and strategically form arguments. She brings skillful thinking and improved efficiency with her ability to organize, manage, and present a plethora of critical information. Olivia stays current on insurance coverage issues through daily monitoring of the news and reports to help clients both locally and nationally.
Olivia represents insurance companies and works closely with the firm’s clients on a variety of coverage issues, including:
- sexual harassment/sexual abuse litigation;
- lost policy identification;
- historical policy form changes, terms and conditions;
- primary/excess coverage and allocation issues;
- insurance fraud; and
- insurance jurisdiction.
Having mastered the Local Rules for the U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, she is adept at guiding out-of-state clients and counsel through the intricacies of the Local Rules and Practice Pointers of the Minnesota Federal Court.
In addition to her practice, Olivia is an active alumna of both St. Olaf College and the University of Minnesota Law School, participating in mentor events, and volunteering for the annual St. Olaf Black and Gold Gala fundraiser. She is also a mentor for the University of St. Thomas School of Law Mentor Externship Program. Olivia was recently profiled as a young superstar practicing in the complex world of insurance litigation in the “2017 Next Generation Attorney Special Issue” of Attorney at Law.
- Minnesota (2016)
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota (2016)
- J. D., University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN (2016)
- Student Instructor, Legal Research and Writing
- Extern, Honorable Judge Tunheim of the United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- Secretary, Litigation and Trial Advocacy Group
- Student Director, Maynard Pirsig Moot Court
- Student Director, Civil Practice Clinic
- Certified Volunteer Mediator, Minnesota Conflict Resolution Center
- B. A., magna cum laude, American Studies, History, Religion, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN (2013)
- St. Olaf Grant for Academic Achievement
- President, Theta Alpha Kappa (Religion National Honor Society)
- President, Phi Alpha Theta (History National Honor Society)
Honors & Awards
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA)
- Hennepin County Bar Association (HCBA)
- Minnesota Women Lawyers Association (MWL)
After twenty-two years of school, topped off by the harrowing experience of studying and taking the bar exam, I finally made it. I’m a lawyer. Or as my fellow graduates from the University of Minnesota Law School keep posting on Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram: I’m a #babylawyer. So what does that mean? I’ll give you a definition: #babylawyer: new lawyer, Continue Reading