Joseph F. Lulic is a Senior Attorney at Brownson Norby, PLLC in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Joe has a wealth of longstanding experience as a prominent Minneapolis litigation attorney. Prior to joining Brownson Norby, Joe was a founding partner of the Minneapolis litigation firm; Hanson, Lulic & Krall, LLC. Joe comes to Brownson Norby with substantial background in all facets of civil litigation, with experience in insurance coverage, property and casualty insurance-related matters, and complex multi-party insurance-related subrogation and defense matters.
Joe’s practice has an emphasis on:
Joe has represented, and continues to represent, property and casualty insurers, risk managers, and corporations. To his clients, Joe is known for his ability to quickly evaluate cases and provide the necessary information and recommendations to efficiently resolve both litigation matters as well as insurance claims.
Joe’s experience includes handling all aspects of insurance-related matters, including fire scene investigations, insurer subrogation, and recommendations for subrogation, mediations, and other proceedings before the Minnesota state courts, federal courts, and administrative agencies. Joe also focuses on prompt, timely handling, and disposition of litigation.
Joe prides himself on maintaining up-to-date knowledge on the dynamic fields in which he practices to ensure that the firm’s business and insurance clients are compliant and ahead of the curve. Joe possesses strong analytical reasoning skills, and is an adept creative thinker, qualities which translate well to his work in the firm’s litigation defense practice.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- J.D. Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, MN
- B.A. University of Minnesota
Certifications & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association (WSBA)
- Hennepin County Bar Association (HCBA)
- Minnesota Chapter of International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI)
Minnesota Supreme Court Cases:
- Auto-Owners Ins. Co. v. Second Chance Investments, LLC, 827 N.W.2d 766 (Minn. 2013).
Minnesota Court of Appeals Cases:
- Second Chance Investments, LLC v. Sabri Property, LLC, No. A14-1524, 2015 WL 2457008 (Minn. Ct. App. May 26, 2015).
- RAM Mutual Ins. Co. v. EMC Property & Casualty Co., John Shriver as Trustee for the Next of Kin of Christian David Kruckow and Rolland Fred Kruckow, No. A14-0197, 2014 WL 4176131 (Minn. Ct. App. Aug. 25, 2014).
- Timothy Albert Collins v. EMC Ins. Co., No. A14-0183, 2014 WL 3802384 (Minn. Ct. App. Aug. 4, 2014).
- Susan Lammle and State Farm Fire and Casualty Co. v. Gappa Oil Co., Inc., Miltona Electric Co., Ellingson Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, Trane U. S., Inc., f/k/a American Standard, Inc., Ferrellgas, Inc., Enterprise Products Operating, L. P., No. A09-2265, 2010 WL 3119474 (Minn. Ct. App. Aug. 10, 2010).
- Thomas Bicha v. Water Gremlin Co., No. A07-1615, 2008 WL 4006777 (Minn. Ct. App. Sept. 2, 2008).
- 8th Circuit/ U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota Cases
- Housing and Redevelopment Authority of Redwood Falls v. Housing Authority Property Ins., 864 F.3d 986 (8th Cir. 2017).
- Brotherhood Mut. Ins. Co., as subrogee of Mound Evangelical Free Church v. ADT LLC of Delaware, 978 F. Supp. 2d 1001 (D. Minn. 2013).
- Yellin v. Robertshaw Controls Co., No. 0:09-cv-03161 (SRN/JJG), 2011 WL 1877822 (D. Minn. May 17, 2011).